Van Riper & Nies combines courtroom experience, aggressive criminal defense, and open communications as we fight for justice our clients accused of violating Florida state and federal maritime laws. Our attorney, Christian Van Riper, is a former Florida Prosecutor, where he prosecuted defendants in cases ranging from BUI to violating Florida’s fishing laws. Christian cares about winning and works hard in fighting for his clients' rights under Florida and federal law.
Florida maritime criminal laws are found in Sections 327 and 328 of the Florida Statutes. Below is a summary of just some of the laws enforced by Florida law enforcement agencies as referenced on the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and U.S. Coast Guard sites. Please remember that laws change constantly, therefore, please contact an attorney for more up-to-date information.
- Vessel Registration Violations
- Reckless, Careless Operation of Maritime Vessels
- Violation of Airboat Regulations
- Vessel Speed Violations
- Boating Under the Influence
- Violation of Water Ski Regulations
- Violation of Personal Watercraft Regulations
- Mooring to Markers or Buoys
- Violation of Boating Safety Education Laws
- Violation of Federal Boating Safety and Equipment Laws
- Interference with Navigation
- Equipment and Lighting Violations
- Violation of Florida Manatee Laws
- Violation of Florida and Federal Fishing Regulations, including Spearfishing
- Drug Smuggling Criminal Defense
- Violation of the Endangered Species Act (ESA)
For more information about our Maritime Criminal Defense Practice, contact us day or night at 800-650-1243.
Van Riper and Nies Attorneys, P.A.
Copyright © 2023 Van Riper and Nies Attorneys - All Rights Reserved.
Florida Martime Lawyers